nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Apples tasted in Massachusetts rated

  • From: "Mark Lee" <markl@nytec.com>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Apples tasted in Massachusetts rated
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 07:55:41 -0700

Charlie,
You describe yourself as a tart apple lover. I am surprised that you
rate Sekai-ichi at 3 1/2 stars out of 4. This huge red apple is very
sweet and not at all tart, at least from the ones grown near Seattle
that I have tasted. The apple comes from a cross between Red Delicious
and Golden Delicious. It is one of my favorites. What did you like
about this apple?
-Mark Lee, Seattle