nafex - [NAFEX] KSD

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] KSD
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 13:00:25 EDT

In a message dated 5/11/2004 10:17:05 PM US Eastern Standard Time, aatopgunaa@mindspring.com writes:

and then this year the sudden Kaki decline hit them and within about 36 hours it seems they were dropping leaves and turning black.

Hello Topgun,

Sorry I have no words of wisdom for your message. The most accepted name for the disease or condition you wrote of is being called KSD, Kaki Sudden Death (or decline fits also). I'm not convinced it is a diesase, but manybe a condition. I've heard reports of it on kaki not grafted to virginiana. I suspect the sherherd hooking is more the sysmptons of dying kaki and from more than one cause.

What was the coldest temperature there last winter?

Jerry Lehman

  • [NAFEX] KSD, Jwlehman, 05/12/2004