nafex - [NAFEX] genetic engineering

  • From: Charles Paradise <machelp@attglobal.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] genetic engineering
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 21:24:07 -0500

I want to thank Art for his inside the FDA based opinions and I wanted myself
to add that in my opinion that a
handful of grain is the most important technological development of the human
race. Because, grain crops can
smother weeds better than any chemical herbicide. Because, if the grain
hadn't produced food surplus none of
the sequential technological developments would have taken place because
everyone would have been too
preoccupied with finding food to do anything else.

What has already been done to develop plants up from the wild is greater than
anything that ever will be done
from here on to modify the plants.

And by the way, did no one tell the chemical giants that the way you kill
weeds in a field is to plant two
successive crops of buckwheat? One of the few things that'll kill quackgrass
dead all the way down.
Charlie Paradise
zone 5/Massachusetts