nafex - [NAFEX] Plum Pox information sources

  • From: "Moyer, Richard" <ramoyer@king.edu>
  • To: "'nafex@lists.ibiblio.org'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Plum Pox information sources
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 15:26:17 -0500

I appreciate any URLs (links) on where this student can find additional info
on writing her paper on plum pox. This course is involved, in part, with
human connections to the land, and how human activities influence this.
Therefore, the normal USDA/ARS links are helpful, but articles/personal
stories on how Plum Pox is affecting Prunus growers also of interest. If
any of you would be willing to correspond with this student by Email, please
let me know.

Thanks,
Richard Moyer
King College
Bristol, TN

Dr Moyer,
My name is Vica Shaffer and I am in Dr Messer's reflections class. I am
writing my paper on the Plum Pox virus that is affecting stone/pit fruit in
Pennsylvania (the counties surrounding my home). This topic is very close to
me because my family recently lost an orchard due to Plum Pox. Dr. Messer
suggested that I maybe sit down with you sometime and get your ideas as a
biologist about the affects it is having on the trees/fruits and just want
your feelings are in general about it. I understand that you may not know
much about Plum Pox because it is primarily found in Adams and Cumberland
counties in PA, but Dr Messer said that you would probably be very
interested in learning more about it and helping me with my paper. Thanks
for your time.
Sincerely,
Vica Shaffer

---