nafex - [NAFEX] Plum Pox information sources

  • From: "Rodney Eveland" <reveland@collinscom.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Plum Pox information sources
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 20:57:47 -0700

The people who genetically modify plants to get a desired result have
already developed a PPV resistant plum. Interestingly enough, if you
use google and search on a lot of common serious plant diseases and
add the word biotechnology to your search you will find that they are
trying to solve many of the major diseases by using genetc
modification. I don't know where this will take us, but I'm hoping for
a tasty, zone 3, indeterminate, perennial tomato that produces half a
bushel of ripe tomatoes by the 4th of July in all of zone 4 and is
resistant to every known tomato disease.