nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Plum Pox information sources

  • From: "Ward Barnes" <ward_p_barnes@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Plum Pox information sources
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 02:32:16 +0000

>From: Art Petrzelka >

I bought the story about curing all of mankind's ailments, too. > >But the more I learn about genetic engineering, the less I like it.

An interesting novel concerning genetic engineering and the unintended consequences is, "Mount Dragon" by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child.  According to the story line an attempt to genetically engineer a cure for influenza produced a strain that could not be cured.  While the story is fiction it does help point out the dangers of "Fooling Mother Nature".

Ward Barnes, Wake, VA.

Check out the great features of the new MSN 9 Dial-up, with the MSN Dial-up Accelerator.