nafex - RE: [NAFEX] deer, piglets and people/ predators

  • From: "Erdman, Jim" <ErdmanJ@uwstout.edu>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] deer, piglets and people/ predators
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 12:06:47 -0600

DocKW said:
> We now have sighted small wolves in our area....just what we
need....another predator:( Now you really > need to be careful in the woods.

The predators that I worry about are the two legged kind, especially
those out their randomly shooting wolves, coyotes, fox, etc., anytime of the
day or year, with no regard for houses, livestock, or people.

We see fox and coyote occassionally where we live now, maybe have
lost a chicken every 3 years to them, but have lost many more chickens to
possums and raccoons. We find that turkeys and deer are real pests, as
turkeys seem to pull seedlings and small plants right out of the ground--real
damaging in an alfalfa field in the spring.

Jim Erdman, in Menomonie, WI

<<winmail.dat>>

  • RE: [NAFEX] deer, piglets and people/ predators, Erdman, Jim, 02/09/2004