nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Plum questions...

  • From: Thomas Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Plum questions...
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 19:04:36 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

There are varieties for Saskatchewan, so there should be varieties for NC.

I have been trying to find some western "cherry plums" in Ontario with no
success.

The "cherry" refers to the size of the plum, but there are a number of
hybrids. Some are bush form, some are free stone in various colors.

Some varieties are Heaver, Alice, Prolific, Sapa, Oka and many more.

Later,
Tom

--
Southwest Ontario