nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Vinegar Herbicide?

  • From: Art Petrzelka <art@complum.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>, Thomas Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Vinegar Herbicide?
  • Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 14:14:16 -0500

I saw a report on using 20% vinegar to kill weeds. It bursts the cell walls,
so it is a broad spectrum herbicide. Using the grocery variety vinegar (5%)
didn't cause any damage. I find it odd that I need a chemical applicator's
license to use it on my certified organic farm!
I haven't been able to find a source for the 20%. I'll have to take a look at
the 10% stuff someone else mentioned in another post.
I was able to find 50 pound bulk lye, however, for melting oak stumps in my
future orchard.

--
Art Petrzelka
Amana, Iowa