nafex - [NAFEX] Kaki Sudden Death

  • From: LONGDISTSHTR <longdistshtr@shtc.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Kaki Sudden Death
  • Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 14:05:59 -0400

Being where I have seen quite a few native trees cut for firewood and
fence posts, I have witessed black streaks in this wood. I recently had
an invasion off borers in one of my John Ricks and while trying to dig
some of them out, found that the damaged areas had black streaks around
them. Black streaks seem to appear near dead limbs and is considered
part of the character of the wood. I have a homemade hammer handle for
one of my gunsmith tools, a maul, which has black streaks in it.
I don't believe they are indicative of any disease.
May be different in Kaki, but I doubt it.
Doc Lisenby
Zone 7/8
Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

  • [NAFEX] Kaki Sudden Death, LONGDISTSHTR, 05/24/2003