nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Vinegar Herbicide?

  • From: "lutesville" <lutesville@cox.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Vinegar Herbicide?
  • Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 12:04:38 -0500

> Does anyone know the proper percentage of vinegar to use as a herbicide on
> burdock? Does adding soap to act as a surfactant aide in the killing of
> the weed?

Tom,
I believe they have said on my organic gardening list that you use 10%
vinegar, which is available at home Depot. Just hearsay though. If you use
soap, be sure it is ph neutral, as you want the acidity and soap would tend
to neutralize acid. I use vinegar to clean up and neutralize lye spills when
I am making soap.

Joyce