nafex - Re: [NAFEX] deer fence cost

  • From: "lutesville" <lutesville@cox.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] deer fence cost
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 02:51:23 -0600

My husband was driving us down the highway one day two or three years ago
when I looked out the window and saw half-dozen or so deer walk up to a
fence. The fence was maybe six feet high, and the deer went over it from a
standing jump. They went straight up, and landed not more than a foot from
where they started, just on the other side of the fence, and wandered away
munching on the farmer's pasture.

Deer are really quite amazing, which I would appreciate more if we didn't
like so many of the same fruits and vegetables.

Joyce