nafex - RE: [NAFEX] deer fence cost

  • From: "Bruce Hansen" <brucehansen@acd.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] deer fence cost
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 16:18:55 -0500

Del:

I used 10' posts on 12' centers and strung field fence for the first 4' and
deer netting for the next 4'. I built the gate out of 2" pvc covering with
deer netting. Works just fine. I covered about 1/2/ acre with this. I have
my original orchard with about 30 trees on EMLA 7 and seedling stock. The
deer trim up about 4' leaving me with the next 14' to 20'. Plenty of apples,
plenty of wood.

Bruce z5 MI