nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Strazzberry - raspberry flavored strawberry

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Strazzberry - raspberry flavored strawberry
  • Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 13:32:04 -0600

At 11:10 AM 2/20/2003 -0800, you wrote:
>From the Gurney 2003 catalog...
http://www.gurneys.com/item_disp.asp?pn=16333
"Strazzberry
Bursting with Berry Flavor
New taste sensation looks like a plump strawberry, packed with rich
raspberry flavor! Delectably different, Junebearer. 1-year."

These were offered last year, too. Does anyone have experience with these?
Is this an old variety with a new name?

Ordered 10 last year - don't recall whether from Gurney's or Henry Field - along with 50 Ozark Beauty, and 25 each of a couple of junebearing varieties.
Last time I'll order strawberries from anyone other than an actual berry nursery, like Indiana Berry, etc. Really sorry plants, on all varieties, dried out or moldy - most were DOA or just failed to thrive. I think one Strazzberry survived the summer.

Lucky Pittman
USDA Zone 6
Hopkinsville, KY