nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Persimmon transplant and grafting questions.

  • From: "Mark Lee" <markl@nytec.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Persimmon transplant and grafting questions.
  • Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 09:39:21 -0800

Richard,
I have grafted persimmons only once, and none of them took. I grafted them
at the same time I did a bunch of apple trees. Both the apple and persimmon
trees were dormant. Most of the apples took. I later learned that I should
have waited until the persimmon was actively growing to do the grafts. To
anyone with more experience... does that advice sound right?
-Mark