nafex - Re: [NAFEX] bamboo for shoots

  • From: list@ginda.us
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] bamboo for shoots
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 21:57:01 -0500

But, alas, all the good eating ones are invasive, unless you are diligent about control. There are clumping types that take less maintenance to keep in line (and have good cold-hardiness, to boot), but no one recommends eating them. I'm sure they are edible, in the way grass stalks are edible, but I doubt they are very good.

Ginda