nafex - [NAFEX] Scionwood Exchange

  • From: John Bunker <jbunker@gwi.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Scionwood Exchange
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 06:49:39 -0500

Scionwood Exchange/ Seed Swap March 30, noon to 4:30 Unity Maine

The scionwood exchange/ seed swap is an annual event in Unity Maine. It's
put on by Mofga (Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Asso), The Maine Seed
Saving Network, The Maine Tree Crop Alliance and Fedco. There is no
admission charge. Attendees are encouraged to bring seeds, cuttings, roots
and scionwood to share. Typically there are 200+ varieties of apples and
other tree fruits. Long tables are set up and covered with all the plant
material. Fedco donates tape, markers, tags, etc. We also sell rootstock
and grafting supplies.

There are concurrent workshops during the afternoon. These always include
Grafting and Basic Seed Saving. Other related workshops come and go from
year to year. This year we're having a couple of ornamental tree workshops,
one on selecting the right tree for the right spot, and a second on pruning
ornamental trees.

The actual schedule gets created that morning. All are welcome. Hope to see
you there!

John Bunker
Fedco
Palermo Maine Zone 4
Where is hasn't been above freezing yet in 2003...we're hoping today might
be the big day.