nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Cold Hardy Citrus

  • From: "philip sauber" <mrxtexas@lycos.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Cold Hardy Citrus
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 17:58:31 -0600

I'd say the thomasville selection I tasted was the best of the cold hardy
trifoliate crosses generally available. It is edible but not enjoyable to
eat. The fruit can be eaten skin and all like a kumquat. The skin is about
as edible as the fruit. For Seattle residents, I'd recommend growing citrus
that tastes good in a pot carried in on freezing nights or greenhouse.
Nothing edible is likely to survive outdoors. Lack of hot weather will also
be a problem.