nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Cold Hardy Citrus

  • From: "Mark Lee" <markl@nytec.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Cold Hardy Citrus
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 06:51:45 -0800

Phil,
Based on your description on how bad the fruit tastes, I wouldn't consider
growing it as a replacement for the sweet oranges I buy at the fruit stand.
I guess my remaining culinary interest in growing thomasville would be for
the peel. My wife often sends me out to the store in search of organic
citrus that she carefully scratches the zest from and incorporates into
chocolate truffle recipes. It would be really cool if she could say we grew
the citrus that went into the truffles. Any idea of the quality of zest
that this citrus can produce? It would also be cool to say we grew the
cocao beans that went into the truffles, but I don't see that happening in
zone 7.
-Mark