nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Cold Hardy Citrus

  • From: Ginda Kaplan Fisher <list@ginda.us>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Cold Hardy Citrus
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 21:34:42 -0500

And depending on what you mean by cold-hardy, Meyers Lemons aren't bad, and my little potted one has been left out past the "killing frost" most years. The tag claimed it was hardy to 20F. The ones I tasted growing in California were much better than the ones I grow, but mine make a fine lemon custard for pie.

Ginda
eastern Mass, zone 6