nafex - [NAFEX] Cold Hardy Citrus

  • From: "philip sauber" <mrxtexas@lycos.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Cold Hardy Citrus
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 20:03:25 -0600

When I said cold hardy don't taste very good I was referring to trifoliate
orange crosses like citranges, thomasville, ichang lemon, ranpur lime, yuzu
and most yuzu hybrids, USDA 119, and swingle citrumelo. These have often
been touted in mailorder catalogs as tasty. I am growing several satsumas
trees myself and love the fruit. Other notable cold hardy citrus I am
growing are sour orange for marmalaide, changsha and keraji for seedy but
pretty fruit, indio mandarinquat and various kumquats.