nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Ground Egg Shells

  • From: Thomas Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Ground Egg Shells
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 11:58:23 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I just use the grinder as it makes the shell fragments finer, and I assume
easier for worms to ingest.

Getting a late start on my vermiculutre composter this season. Worm
droppings are great for young plants.

You can pick out the worms at the end of the winter, and start a new clean
composter, but last spring I just put them all into the outdoor composter.

Just so you know, worms eat vegetable kithcen scraps, coffee grounds, old
tea bags, and NO odor or bus are attracted to the composter. Some poeple
keep them under their kithen sinks (mine is too big for that). Damp
shredded newspaper serves as bedding for the worms.

Real easy thing to do. Getting the "red wiggler" worms is the chore.

Later,
Tom

--
Southwest Ontario