nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Off Topic - But tomatoes are fruit

  • From: Betty Mayfield <bmayfield@columbia-center.org>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Off Topic - But tomatoes are fruit
  • Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 08:25:25 -0800

Ginda,

My favorite tomato--both for flavor and meatiness--is Pritchard, but the plants are hard to find in nurseries. Moreton Hybrid is almost the same. I have not tried either from seed. By "meaty" I assume you mean a tomato with substantial amounts of flesh inside the skin, instead of just seeds and juice. These two are both medium sized.

Betty Mayfield
Northwwst Oregon