nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Off Topic - But tomatoes are fruit

  • From: "John Van Hazinga" <vanhaz@gsinet.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Off Topic - But tomatoes are fruit
  • Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 12:33:42 -0500

mike levine wrote:

Ground Cherries...has anyone grown this cousin to the
tomatoe?
It is supposed to have citrus to pineapple flavor, but
look and cultivated
like tomatoes (or tomatillos)
Im thinking of trying some this spring.

Yaer before last I grew pineapple tomatillos from pinetree seeds which were
extrodinary. yes they were time consumng to pick but flavor was as good as
any rasp,straw or oher berry I grow. also I harvested most of them in
October when most other berries had gone by. Las spring I was expecting
volunteers as I usualy get with tomatillos but did not get any but will
definately order some seeds this winter.