nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Was tomatoes - now ground cherries

  • From: "Michael Glassford" <glassfordm@hotmail.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Was tomatoes - now ground cherries
  • Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 11:04:11 -0500

Title: Re: [NAFEX] Was tomatoes - now ground cherries
If you pick them a little early (and sometimes even if you don't) they have something of a "spicy" flavor which isn't very pleasant to eat fresh, but is supposed to taste good in salsa, etc. (I haven't tried it).

The Seed Saver's Exchange catalog recommends growing them on landscape cloth to make it easier to pick up the fruits off the ground; it seems to me that this would also help prevent self-seeding.

Mike