nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Off Topic - But tomatoes are fruit

  • From: mIEKAL aND <dtv@mwt.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Off Topic - But tomatoes are fruit
  • Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 10:36:46 -0600

giant amish paste is a standard here too, most useful for canning up tomato sauce because there is a lot less water in them..

On Friday, December 20, 2002, at 09:34 AM, Gordon Nofs wrote:

Ginda
I have tried many, many tomatoes over the many years. The best to me have been Delicious, which is very meaty, great tasting. But I think for the size you are looking for I would go to the "Amish Paste" good tomato size for eating out of hand or sandwich. Sort of heart shaped. Very meaty few seeds, and very good tasting. They are the 2 I try to grow most now.
Gordon