nafex - [NAFEX] favorite tomato

  • From: Mike Levine <mlevine@umich.edu>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] favorite tomato
  • Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 11:51:18 -0500

I really like Juliet tomatoes (I think from Johnny's). Been growing them
for a few years now and they are just great. They are a hybrid, are
resistant to blight, a roma type with lots of flavor for fresh eating, are
indeterminate, and seem to start bearing before my other varieties by a week
or two. Seems to do well in both extremely wet years and extremely dry ones
too. Fruit do not split very much from moisture extremes. Just a plant or
two provides tons of multipurpose excellent tasting tomatoes.
Mike Levine
Ann Arbor, MI
Zone 5b