nafex - [NAFEX] Re: nafex digest, Vol 1 #113 - 8 msgs

  • From: fuwa fuwa usagi <fuwafuwausagi@muchomail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Re: nafex digest, Vol 1 #113 - 8 msgs
  • Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 15:24:51 -0700 (PDT)

Doreen wrote:

I planted two miniature pear trees each in 10-gallon cans this spring.
They were bare root and have grown nicely throughout the season. I still
cannot put them in the ground due to job-related reasons, but I have to carry
them through my Zone 4b Wisconsin winter.

My reply:

I am not sure what minature pears are, but...

In 1997 I grafted out some pears on OhxF333 rootstock. They are still in
pots and doing fine. I am in zone 4b also. I don't really do anything to
them except situate them on the North side of my house. I reasoned that the
freezing-thawing-refreezing would reek havoc on them, so since the North side
is the stablest environmnet I situate them there.

I also have a couple of apples on M27 going into their 4th winter...they seem
fine too.

By the by, I saw the NAFEX article in Mother-Earth_News at the library. Good
job.

All the best, today, tomorrow...

TFB

The Free Email with so much more!
=====> http://www.MuchoMail.com <=====

Promote your group and strengthen ties to your members with
email@yourgroup.org by Everyone.net http://www.everyone.net/?btn=tag