nafex - [NAFEX] Wintering Canned Pears

  • From: "Doreen Howard" <doreenh@ticon.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Wintering Canned Pears
  • Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 19:51:41 -0500

Thanks to everyone who responded to my questions about how to overwinter
pear trees in 10-gallon tubs. I think I will go with the consensus and put
them in the basement for the winter. I store angel trumpets and bananas
there with success. It stays about 40F and is dark. There is a concrete
floor so I can water the pots every two weeks or so.

To answer Fluffy's question--my miniature pears are scions from genetic
dwarfs--Le Nain Vert and Muscat--grafted on to OH-F97 rootstock.

Again, thanks to all you experts. This is what I love about the Nafex
listserv.

Doreen Howard
Janesville, WI Zone 4b which is almost heaven this week. We won't talk
about January.