nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Prinsepia sinensis

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Prinsepia sinensis
  • Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 20:15:01 -0700

I've tried it and it seems heir to many of the problems of things like
Prunus tomentosa and the like - the blooms get hit by blight and the twigs
die back, then in the dry summer weatther the plant grows out well, only to
repeat the cycle the following year. Which isn't to say that you couldn't
find some that would work, but you'd need to locate some from a climate
similar to yours, with wet spring weather. Or at least plant it where you
could protect it in the spring.
-Lon Rombough
Grapes, writing, consulting, more, plus word on my grape book at
http://www.bunchgrapes.com