nafex - Re: [NAFEX] wind break

  • From: mark wessel <growyourown@earthlink.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] wind break
  • Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 22:18:19 -0400

on 5/10/02 11:54 AM, Thomas Olenio at tolenio@sentex.net wrote:

> I don't think you need to be thinking evergreen. Dirty, buggie trees in
> my opinion. Only slightly better than willow.
>
> Later,

Tom,
Dirty, buggy trees. Is that worse than those weak-limbed, short lived
poplars. They do serve a purpose, but we are talking zone 2 to 3. Being in
zone six I cant imagine what winter has to offer,but I am thinking the more
evergreens on a the north west side the better. Plus it is green. A little
green in the winter goes a long way. North or south. Zone 2 or Zone 6.
Mark Zone 6 strawberries two weeks away.