nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Re: Killing Poison Ivy

  • From: hector black <hblack@twlakes.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Re: Killing Poison Ivy
  • Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 11:40:08 -0700

I used Roundup on weeds about mid summer 8 years ago. There were some crab
apples with branches about 1 foot off the ground where the weeds were. I
tried to be careful and avoid the branches or have any spray drift to them.
These lower branches which could only have been barely touched by the
Roundup, put out very deformed leaves for the following two years. I have
not used it since. Hector Black zone 6, TN
I might also mention that as a kid - maybe 8, 9 years - I was very
susceptible. Some other kids told me that if I ate it, I'd become immune.
So I sat down beside it and ate quite a bit - got a horrible reaction with
swelled lips and all, and I still get poison ivy. Although less easily as
I get older. Perhaps the small amount at a time, to build up immunity would
work.