nafex - Re: [nafex] Apple Pie Apple Sauce

  • From: Ed & Pat Fackler <rocmdw@aye.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Apple Pie Apple Sauce
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 04:55:26 -0400

John:

Our favorites are of course seasonal.

Early in the harvest year (July - August).

Pies Sauce
1. Monark 1. Pristine
2. Wm. Pride

Mid- Season (Sept.)
1. Jonagold 1. Any dead-ripe or sl. overripe Mac sib (liberty, etc.)
2. Stellar
3. Sansa

Late-Season (Oct.)
1. Suncrisp (best of all, handsdown favorite of everyone)
2. Spigold (nearly as good as Suncrisp)
3. 1/2 Goldrush 1/2 Fuji (a mix of textures)

These come to mind.

Ed