nafex - Re: [nafex] Poor Man's Fertilizer

  • From: "victoria l. caron" <vicaron@gis.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Poor Man's Fertilizer
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 12:45:37 +0000

Hi Phil,
I've heard the term off & on for years too. I checked with a few people and
we all seem to agree that it has something to do with the
nitrogen cycle. Beyond that it gets a little vague. Hope someone else can be
more specific, .............vic NH zone 3

Phil Norris wrote:

> It snowed here today in Maine. A warm, wet spring snow, barely
> enough to stick to the ground. I was in the Blue Hill post office
> this morning and as each new person came in the door they would make
> some comment about the weather and usually finish off with, "Yup.
> Poor man's fertilizer."
>
> I have always been fascinated by this expression so I started asking
> the old timers about it's origin and whether or not there was any
> truth to it. No one seemed to know.
>
> Does anyone know where it came from? Is a sprint snow really good
> for the crops?
>
> Phil Norris
> East Blue Hill, Maine
> Z4

ClubMom is the first free organization dedicated to rewarding and celebrating
Moms! Join today - it's free - and get your chance to win
http://us.click.yahoo.com/wq6iUD/TFaCAA/OZ8EAA/VTJVlB/TM