nafex - [nafex] Granny Smith problem

  • From: "Robert H." <lostman_amiga@yahoo.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Granny Smith problem
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 16:57:03 -0000

A friend of mine has bought some Granny Smith apple trees (about 4ft
tall). She planted and watered them correctly, but one of them seems
dead. She called me to take a look at it, and I noticed tiny tubes of
sawdust sticking out of the trunk of the tree. there are many pin
sized holes
on the tree. I thought it was a flat or round headed borer, but
I thought they hit peach trees around the crown mostly and they would
make holes much larger than these. On of the trees might have had it,
but the other one seems to be doing well, though I did see 1 or 2 hole
in it too.

Any suggestions of what it could be and what to do about them?
I know you need to spray apple trees, but she just got these in the
ground a fews ago.

ClubMom is the first free organization dedicated to rewarding and celebrating
Moms! Join today - it's free - and get your chance to win
http://us.click.yahoo.com/wq6iUD/TFaCAA/OZ8EAA/VTJVlB/TM