nafex - Re: [nafex] Branch Grafts - Apple

  • From: "Dr. Chiranjit Parmar" <parmarch@vsnl.com>
  • To: <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Branch Grafts - Apple
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 22:54:59 -0800

I will advise you not to do it.  The branches grafted like that do not grow well and it will also spoil your existing tree.

Such type of grafting is advisable only when there is some emergency e.g. no pollenizer at all even in the eighbouring orchards.  But you are doing it for fun sake.  So let the tree grow.

Best regards,

Dr. Chiranjit Parmar
Horticultural Consultants on Lesser Known Indian Fruits
http://www.lesserknownplants