nafex - Re: [nafex] Black Currant Pollination

  • From: Tom Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Black Currant Pollination
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 08:22:45 -0500

Hi Ed,

Put in bare root Crandalls last year and I was wondering how long it takes for
plants to reach berry bearing age? The plants were suckers that were severed
from the parent, so they must be at least 2 years old now..

I also will take your advice and put in a planting of Titania, and wonder if
there is a variety you suggest as a pollinator to the Titania (also WPBR
immune/very resistant)?

I am very lucky to be renting an old, abandoned cattle loading pen (real old,
built with split, cedar rails), and plan on using it for a nursery for
currants
and grafted fruit trees (full sun from afternoon on).

Thanks,
Tom

--
Thomas Olenio