nafex - Re: [nafex] Branch Grafts - Apple

  • From: Tom Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Branch Grafts - Apple
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 08:35:46 -0500

"Dr. Chiranjit Parmar" wrote:
Dear Mr. Olenio, For being able to answer your question, one must know:     1. What is the objective of this grafting.    2. What is the graft combination.
Hello,

I plan on grafting apple to apple, but did not mention it, not wanting to offend those that dislike apple posts, but wanting their input.

The tree I am going to use as a framework is a 7-10 year old sucker, that is now a well branched tree.  The tree is of unknown apple variety, will be standard in size, and has yet to flower.   I have Freedom, Court Pendu Plat, and Fameuse to use as scions.

I was curious what the proper technique would be to graft only a branch, and not replace the rest of the tree.  With the apple trees unknown variety, it may make a good apple "collection" frame.

Regards,
Tom

--
Thomas Olenio