nafex - Re: [nafex] gypsy moth caviar & Weight Watchers

  • From: "Greg or Marie Jordan" <mgjordan@concentric.net>
  • To: <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] gypsy moth caviar & Weight Watchers
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 20:21:59 -0700

I can attest to the fact that bacteria can sit in wait in your gut and cause
major trouble later. My daughter had a bone marrow transplant this summer
and somewhere she had picked up (Vancomisen Resistant Endocakis )SPELLING
(VRE) bacteria. Vancomisen used to be the " big gun antibiotic. All the
antibiotics she got to cover her while she had no immune system allowed the
VRE to Bloom. Some got into her blood due to the chemo. They had a very
hard time getting it under control. A normally 26 day stay turned into a
very scary 89 day stay. Whenever she goes in for a checkup she is whisked
into an isolation room now. I'm sure everyone in our family have a few of
these VRE beasties in our guts now. We will all have to inform our Doctors
of this under some conditions now.
Greg