nafex - Re: [nafex] gypsy moth caviar & Weight Watchers

  • From: Fluffy Bunny <the.fluffy.bunny@juno.com>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] gypsy moth caviar & Weight Watchers
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 15:48:57 -0500

Dan wrote:

While I've never
had problems from eating them live, I suppose people who live a life
esentially under seran wrap with little exposure to browsing food as they

find it might lack the proper defenses to deal with relatively mild
foreign
organisms.

My reply:

Hello Dan...

They get little white "thingies" behind the rear legs and under the wings
sometimes.

Dan wrote:

Actually, I've
always wanted to eat earthworms, but could never overcome my cultural
prejudice against them. But every class of animal eats them and most
appear
to relish them.

My reply:

Nightcrawlers are better. Now these things(earth worms and
nightcrawlers) definately pick up the taste of what they have been
eating. I suppos eI should mention that you "clean" worms before eating
them. Snip one end and squeeze the yuck out like you do toothpaste. The
snip the outher end out. In effect you have a hollow tube that can be
easily rinsed out.

Unfortunately I have yet to figure out a humane way to kill them as
anything I have tried seems to produce anguish.

A couple of times in my life I put my backpack on and wandered out into
th ewiderness for 3-6 months at a time. You simply cannot carry enough
food with you and so you get an appreciation for anything that hops or
crawls.

The fluffy one

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.