nafex - [nafex] (Off topic) Mad Cow Disease

  • From: "Christopher Mauchline" <mauch1@aol.com>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] (Off topic) Mad Cow Disease
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 17:29:14 -0000

I might point out that in this era of "mad cow disease" it might be
time
we overcome our "food" prejudices and look at such healthy
alternatives.
I'll confess I love a good steak every now and then, but a steady
diet
of vegtables and insects, augmented by an occasional steak sounds all
around fairly appealing to me.

Several weeks ago, heard an interesting report on NPR. According to
this report, it said "most scientist" felt that humans catching "mad
cow" via a steak was extremely unlikely. They felt it was passed on
through the carcass processing (i.e. where the they take the bones
(including the brain and spinal cord) and process it down to a gel-
like substance, this product is then considered an "animal by-
product".

Chris Mauchline
SE PA, zone 6