nafex - Re: [nafex] Rabbits

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Rabbits
  • Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2000 09:18:53 -0800

Rabbits follow the same trail so closely that one way to catch them is to
hang a snare loop at head height in the path. The rabbit runs right into
the snare on their regular trip down the path and is garrotted. I don't
personally do this as rabbits aren't a problem here.
----------
>From: Tom Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
>To: nafex@egroups.com
>Subject: [nafex] Rabbits
>Date: Mon, Dec 25, 2000, 9:09 AM
>

>Hi All,
>
>I noticed something in the habits of a rabbit that passes
>through my back yard almost nightly.
>
>1) It usually follows the same route.
>2) If there is a path in the snow, the rabbit sticks to
>the path
>
>I only noticed this, as this season it is snowing most every
>other day, and I can observe the rabbit tracks in the
>morning.
>
>With these observations, I used my snow blower to make a
>path through the snow that bypasses my fruit trees and berry
>bushes. I started the path where the rabbit usually enters,
>and ended it where it usually exits my backyard.
>
>With a snow cover of about 18 inches right now, my path
>makes a shoot that directs the rabbits through and away from
>my seedlings, currants, and grapes..
>
>Does anyone know for sure if rabbits do indeed follow the
>same nightly foraging route?
>
>This technique is working for me so far, but it will only
>work as long as the snow is deep enough.
>
>Just finished my calculations to see if the dog will survive
>chocolate poisoning (hopefully, not a yearly ritual with
>small kids). There is a formula if anyone needs to
>calculate it.
>
>Oh yes... The dog will live to chase rabbits another day.
>I am keeping my fingers crossed on the vomiting and diarrhea
>though. 8^)
>
>Merry Christmas,
>
>Tom
>--
>Thomas Olenio
>Ontario, Canada
>Hardiness Zone 6a

With US & International rates as low as 3.9c a minute from Net2Phone
Direct Plus Up to 1500 FREE minutes; you can call everyone on your list!
http://click.egroups.com/1/10924/0/_/423498/_/977764359/