nafex - Re: [nafex] Rabbits

  • From: PermacultureNo1@aol.com
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Rabbits
  • Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 09:43:39 EST

In a message dated 12/16/00 12:40:46 AM, JFrisk@pionet.net writes:

<< I have always found that in the winter you should keep pruning your trees
and throw the prunings on top of the snow. Usually the rabbits will eat the
tender prunings first. As it snows more do more pruning. They liked pear
prunings better than applewood and didn't touch plum or apricot. Judson L.
Frisk >>

When I lived in snow country, I placed prunings on top of snow under a
spotlight. Then I popped off several each night until the population was
adjusted to something more reasonable. I sat in an attic window, shooting
down, which enabled me to use a 22, much cheaper to run than the shotgun.

For Mother Earth, Dan Hemenway, Yankee Permaculture Publications (since
1982), Elfin Permaculture workshops, lectures, Permaculture Design Courses,
consulting and permaculture designs (since 1981), and annual correspondence
courses via email. Join our current online course, in progress. Copyright,
2000, Dan & Cynthia Hemenway, P.O. Box 52, Sparr FL 32192 USA Internships.
BarkingFrogsPC@aol.com
http://barkingfrogspc.tripod.com/frames.html
or
http://www.permaculture.net/~EPTA/Hemenway.htm
We don't have time to rush.

A list by topic of all Yankee Permaculture titles may be found at
http://csf.colorado.edu/perma/ypc_catalog.html

Click here for more details:
http://click.egroups.com/1/10801/0/_/423498/_/976977827/