nafex - Re: [nafex] Re: Chipmunk/squirrel control follow-up

  • From: "J. Rosano II" <GIANNI-2@prodigy.net>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Re: Chipmunk/squirrel control follow-up
  • Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2000 00:36:38 -0400

Hi Doreen:

Unfortunately my Somali Silver & Blue Merle cats do not go out or mix
with dogs too well. Otherwise Donna's advice would have been an option too.
Sadly here, it's one or the other, dogs or cats. Cats were with us before we
moved here and now are a mainstay. Another thing, just couldn't bear the
thought of owning a magnificent canine and have to make him and outside
animal when we have wind chills here to 50-60 below. I would venture an
Alaskan Malamute (Sp?) would still break my heart with a provided shelter.
Doreen, your making me drool with all those canine exploits and prowess!

Best wishes,
John

Doreen Howard wrote:

> I can't help but chime into this thread and brag. We have a dog, Brandy,
> who is half Mexican Red wolf and half miniature German Shepherd. Her Dad
> was the traveling man, but she looks just like him and has all his
> instincts. She keeps the squirrel, rabbit and possum population under
> control in my yard. One problem is that occasionally she likes to share and
> will bring a victim indoors and dump it at my feet! She nailed a very
> aggressive possum about 10 days ago that was digging up my veggie garden.
> The only place she fails is with rabbits in winter. They are everywhere,
> and the poor dog has to sleep some time. They seem to know when it is she
> sleeps and do their munching best to reduce the blueberries and lilacs to
> nubs.
> Doreen Howard

Make your old place like new... Win A Guy!
http://click.egroups.com/1/6294/0/_/423498/_/963030704/