msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] MSAR Standards

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: pennbo@verizon.net
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] MSAR Standards
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 22:54:26 -0600 (CST)

Good post Dion. And something that I have been repeating to my team ad nauseum for awhile. It's now coming true for us- and I really dont' think it's a bad thing. Personally I would prefer to be on a mission with folks whose training is of a similar quality to mine- so I know I can trust their actions and reactions (or at least I've got a good chance of it since our training requirements will be the same). Our county is tightening up their requirements and standards- but our neighboring counties dont' all have the same consistency of training. That's problematic when doing mutual aid missions.

As to those who "can't find their way out of a paper bag" I think they exist no matter the certifications they have or dont' have. When we all start taking more responsibilities for our teams, and their skills, we'll find ways to assign those folks to jobs they CAN be good at- and keep them out of the field. :-)  After all, we should know our own teams better than anyone else.

Chris
So. Cal.