msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] horses

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Joan Pottinger" <j.pottinger@insightbb.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] horses
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 21:38:51 -0400

I checked out the site vasarco.org. Seems to me to be a very good place to start on weeding out horse at least in the beginning that cannot make it as a sar horse. I would have to work on the flag bit. Don't know why, but he has issues with flags. We ride in parades all the time but can never carry the flag. He get within a couple of feet of it, but that's it. No more. Nothing else in the parades seem to phase him. Last Saturday we were right behind twelve fire engines and they were making them selves know in the parade. Didn't so much as give them a second thought. Went through kids screaming and yelling and just about anything else. Nothing. He just doesn't like flags or spray. The spray he will allow once I start at his feet and by the time I get to his neck he acts like it isn't even there. Been doing this for 9 years. That's all the better he will get. The flags from day one have always been an issue and I'm guessing must be from his previous owner days. But I haven't really had a need to push it any further so maybe I will start to work on that issue. I figure if this is all I have to deal with on my horse I am so fortunate:-)

Joan and her Zoo Crew

----- Original Message ----- From: "T'mi Fi" <tfinkle@erols.com>