msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Saddlebag inventory: - whats in yours

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Marie Lester" <marie.lester@gmail.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Saddlebag inventory: - whats in yours
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 21:46:33 -0500

Our group put together large team bags that include the essentials for
our efforts. Individuals are expected to carry their own needs on
their person or their mounts. The team bags are assigned during
actual searches or simulations. Chuck, good point about the horses'
kidneys. Having team bags allows members to take turns carrying the
bags, so no mount is expected to endure this task for too long.
Marie Lester
Training Officer
COMSU