msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Saddlebag inventory: - whats in yours

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Tracy Helget" <helget@flynthyllsgypsy.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Saddlebag inventory: - whats in yours
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 14:52:30 -0800 (PST)

Competitive trail also discourages the use of regular saddlebags. Their
theory is the horse does most of it's heat venting from the flank area and
traditional saddle bags tend to cover this area.

Then again, cowboys have used these for years and most of the horses seem
to fair okay, yes?

I go by the philosophy; I carry my supplies, my horse carries her
supplies. Of course, I don't have the MSAR experience and that is probably
a whole other ball game.

Tracy
Kansas