msar-riders - [MSAR] Starting MSAR in Georgia

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Guy Wood" <guy.wood@gmail.com>
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [MSAR] Starting MSAR in Georgia
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 17:24:48 -0400

I would like to start an MSAR in West Georgia. Does anyone have information
on locations for First Responder training in the South Atlanta area? I was
a combat medic during the first Gulf War so have probably forgotten most of
what I knew.

There are a number of people that are interested in starting this. Are
there steps that I need to take for us to be a recognized unit? I see a lot
of info on training/continuing education, but nothing on actually starting
up a new unit.

I have ordered, and received, the NASAR Mounted Training Manual and rider
testing worksheet, as well as some ancillary items.

Thanks for the help.

Guy Wood