msar-riders - [MSAR] NAIS

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Karen Nesbitt <spanishequines@yahoo.com>
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [MSAR] NAIS
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 04:26:23 -0800 (PST)

I have been reading a lot of hype about the NAIS, most of it not good
because it is catching the small owners in the crosshairs of big business and
government...Anyone care to comment on this because it is going to effect all
of us as horse , dog or animal owners and all activities therein, including
MSAR to the point that you cannot even take your aninmals off your premise
without either a premise id or an individual animal tag of some description
and I have yet to hear of any horsemen favoring the use of eartags on their
horses which is the governments current proposal. The costs of this program
to are an econimical disaster....of course, state to state things differ and
once again, no continuity is harmful.

Karen Nesbitt
Illinois, unaffiliated

VISIT US AT: